The team at SoldOut effectively deliver significant events around the world annually, that each present a unique set of challenges in their size, governance, funding, venue contracting and operational procedures and processes.
Multiple clients, differing briefs and event complexity demanded innovative thinking and in a likely world-first, event management company SoldOut proposed to the GC2018 Organising Committee (GOLDOC) a revolutionary and since award-winning idea – creation of an Official Event Agency and associated sponsorship package.
This singularly groundbreaking initiative saw SoldOut become the Games’ “Official Event Agency” of GC2018, a courageous step, SoldOut’s proposal proved a ‘win-win-win’, returning significant benefits to GOLDOC, Sponsors and spectators:
- GOLDOC gained a new revenue stream and an estimated 30% efficiency boost with SoldOut as its exclusive event manager.
- Sold Out’s deliverables landed under budget and without injury, incident or negative report, effectively returning money to the Queensland Government.
- The five corporate sponsors, all first-time SoldOut clients, leveraged SoldOut’s immense event expertise and high-level relationship with GOLDOC for delivery of fan engagement activities.
As the Official Event Agency of GC2018, SoldOut implemented 26 years of hand-on experience, providing GOLDOC with dynamic planning and management systems and innovative production and infrastructure solutions to create strategic cost-efficient and highly successful outcomes.
SoldOut was also responsible for the following scopes of work on GC2018:
- All pre-Games milestones events
- Queens Baton Relay – Major Shared Celebrations nationally
- Team Australia announcements
- GC2018 Ambassador announcements
- Media and PR launches
- Sports draw announcements
- Mascot launch and tour
- Temporary marquee production
- Corporate Hospitality theming and styling
- 5 of the 10 spectator engagement sponsor activations
- Volunteer Thank You celebration for 20,000 attendee’s
- National ‘Team Aus’ celebration tour etc
This approach and strategy won both Gold and Silver in the 2019 The Stevie Awards – Asia-Pacific, for innovation in Government events and innovation in entertainment events respectively.
A summary of SoldOut’s GC2018 program is available, HERE.