Time certainly flies when you are having fun, and we can’t believe our latest Games is all over. As the Official Event Management Company of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, we enjoyed an extraordinary six-year journey that is now drawn to a close. Here is a quick recap….
Throughout the six-year leadup to the event, our team was at the heart of the major event milestone celebrations and announcements including:
- The Games launch and emblem unveil, as well as annual countdown events.
- The opening of the GC2018 head office.
- The launch and reveal of the GC2018 mascot – Borobi.
- Unveiling of the countdown clocks.
- Ambassador and media announcements.
The Sold Out Events’ team was even responsible for the Queen’s Baton Relay’s major shared celebrations around Australia. After arriving on our shores on 24 December, the Baton embarked on a three-month journey that saw it visit every state and territory in the country.
During the 11 action-pack days of competition, the Sold Out Events’ team was onsite simultaneously at multiple locations throughout Queensland, delivering major activations for sponsors and rights holders, corporate hospitality suites on behalf of GOLDOC, and signage elements at host venues.
During the Games, Sold Out Events delivered:
- Sporting themed activities and photo opportunities.
- ‘Chill-out’ zones and big screen installation.
- Guest transfers and travel services for VIP guests.
- Corporate hospitality suite fit-out and host services.
- Showcasing displays.
- Signage and ‘look and feel’ elements.
- Merchandise and giveaways for sponsor activations.
- Activation staffing and logistics.
Going out with a bang
To cap off an incredible sporting event for GOLDOC, Sold Out Events delivered the thank you party for the 15,000 volunteers who gave up their time to make the Games unforgettable.
The party, however, didn’t stop there as Sold Out Events also delivered the Team Australia Thank You and Celebration Tour on behalf of Commonwealth Games Australia. The streets of Australia’s capital cities came alight with colour and festivities as the country celebrated the achievements of our Australian athletes.